The New York Times CityRoom Blog is covering a current NYU student occupation.
Take Back NYU!
1. Amnesty for all parties involved.
2. Full compensation for all employees whose jobs were disrupted during the course of the occupation.
3. Public release of NYU’s annual budget and endowment.
4. Allow student workers (including T.A.’s) to collectively bargain.
5. A fair labor contract for all NYU employees at home and abroad.
6. A Socially Responsible Finance Committee that will immediately investigate war profiteers and the lifting of the Coke ban.
7. Annual scholarships be provided for thirteen Palestinian students.
8. That the university donates all excess supplies and materials in an effort to rebuild the University of Gaza.
9. Tuition stabilization for all students, beginning with the class of 2012. Tuition rates for each successive year will not exceed the rate of inflation. The university shall meet 100% of government-calculated student financial need.
10. That student groups have priority when reserving space in the buildings owned or leased by New York University, including, and especially, the Kimmel Center.
11. That the general public have access to Bobst Library.
- Obama's State of the Union: Are You Ready to Go Ba...
- FAFSA and the Angst of Getting Aid for College
- Jordan Goldman, Founder, Unigo
- Secretary of Education Arne Duncan in Brooklyn
- NYU Students Occupy Building, Demand Audience
- Kristoff Calls Education America's Sorriest Hallma...
- University of the People -- Shai Reshef, speaker a...
- ▼ February (7)