The Indian education market is undergoing rapid transformation since the new minister of education, Mr. Kapil Sibal took charge in May 2009. It all started with the minister's announcement of a 100-days plan to improve quality and access.
This also raised expectations for much awaited clarity on the regulations related to entry of foreign universities. More recently, government has announced that 14 innovation universities will be open for private investments.
Several international education institutions including universities and colleges, K12 schools and support service organizations are keen on engaging with the Indian market. The market is just getting ready for the big investments and is edupreneurs are also sensing the opportunity. A Business Today magazine recent cover story The Advent of Edupreneurs focused on this emerging opportunity.
I also covered this trend of emerging models of education entrepreneurship in India on my blog. There is a lot of optimism and expectations from the new minister and if the changes do take place in the direction conducive to investors, speed to market and deep understanding of the market characteristics will emerge as the critical success factor.
Rahul Choudaha, PhD
- Indian Education Market: Ready, Steady...
- Announcing IIR's Education Industry Investment For...
- Toby Chu and CIBT Education: The Future is Oversea...
- Green Dot Schools
- Why Online Learning?
- When, Where, What, How and Why?
- Felonies Upon Felonies with Advances in Technology...
- Education: Reaching the Inner Monkey
- Seattle at Night
- Lunch with Tom Vander Ark and Karen Vander Ark
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation in Seattle
- Judith Murray, Vice President -- Open Learning, Th...
- Brief Notes from Vancouver -- Seattle
- Personal and Professional
- Speakers at the 12th Annual Education Industry Inv...
- "I'm Busted" as sung by Ray Charles
- The Printed Book -- What is Tangible and What is C...
- Rob Crawford Explains the Future of American Educa...
- Steve Cooper: Self-Actualization in the Internet V...
- Contact the Director of Education Industry Investm...
- Gene Hayes -- The Internationalist
- Mark Kantrowitz Supplies Data on Cohort Default Ra...
- Education Entrepreneurship in India
- The Flattening of the Education Model in For-Profi...
- Culture in the Desert
- Steve Cooper: Self-Actualization in the Internet
- Rob Crawford and Hidden Disabilities 101
- Questions over New York City Teacher Pay Links to ...
- Asking Harvard's Dean of Admissions Anything You'd...
- What We're Reading on the Web Today
- Life Development Institute on Qatar Competition Sh...
- New York Times: What Are You Reading?
- ▼ September (33)