Just had a phone call with Burck Smith, who started StraighterLine. Burck has kindly agreed to give a keynote on the value of education and the role that investors and operators in K12 can play in developing greater quality in the space.
He suggested some links, so I am going to put these up here for people to read, in order to get a clearer idea of what Burck is about and where his vision is directed.
College for US$99 a Month
Internet revolution in Higher Education
Inside Higher Ed article
College by Subscription
- That Really Is Incredible Skydiving
- Productive Day, or Non-Productive Day
- Chalkboard Blog
- NYC Teacher's Union Holding Out for 4% Raise?
- Motivated but Directionless Indian Students !!
- Eliminating the Non-Compete Clause
- Aviary Gets US$7 Million for Artist Web Start-Up
- Cantonese Loses Ground to Putonghua in Chinatown
- Beauty Schools in Florida To Receive Funding Makeo...
- Harvard University's Interest Rate Bet Ends in Los...
- Responsibility and Teachers
- For-profit education: US Trends and Lessons for In...
- Michelle Obama: "Teachers Important to Strength of...
- These Kids Want to Meet Obama
- Teachers and the Future: Why Won't We Pay Them Mor...
- French Students Paid Big Time to Go To School
- Half a Millenium
- Inbound: Re-Modeling the Model
- Ron Packard, CEO, K12, Inc.
- StraighterLine CEO Burck Smith
- Government Wants Financial Companies Out of Studen...
- If You Want, You Can
- Moving Towards a Transformative Model for Educatio...
- Newest Additions to the Ed Industry Investment For...
- Dan Madzelan, Department of Education
- The Joys of Business Travel
- ▼ October (26)