A conversation last night brought me to House of the Roses.
It's a volunteer dance company for underprivileged kids in New York City. Are we allowed to say underprivileged anymore? I don't know what is politically correct anymore. Any way, they are kids that don't have the resources that your typical dance company patron might have.
Point being, they are trying to do something good. They use positive reinforcement to encourage a child's use of creativity for change and constructive life-living. And I mention this because I am reading two books that are bringing this method to my attention.
- State of New York Has Not Posted its RttT Applicat...
- Cuts for Education in New Federal Budget
- The Active Book and America's Education Future: Th...
- What Do You Need to Know About NYC High Schools?
- NY State Governor Slashes School Aid by US$1 bln
- Education Industry Investment Business Breakfast: ...
- Dr. Sabrina Kay, CEO, Fremont College
- New York City Education Investment Business Breakf...
- You can receive US$100 Off Your Phoenix Registrati...
- Security Checks and Empty Planes
- Stephen Gilfus to Speak at NYC Education Business ...
- After China
- Someone is Happy so Let's All Be Happy
- I'm Doing this the Right Way, which is the Wrong W...
- House of the Roses
- Data Dump
- The Visa Office, and Standing in No Line
- How to Get Some Awesomeness in College
- ▼ January (18)
- ► 2009 (150)