Has anyone been following what I consider to be the hottest new EDUpunk company in our space: Flat World Knowledge?
In addition to making their e-texts free, they can be edited by faculty members, and students can sell their lecture notes to make some extra cash. Also, check out TextBookMedia, as they are knocking it out of the park as well. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Incidentally, Jeff Shelstad at Flat World Knowledge was a speaker at the 2009 Education Industry Investment Forum in Phoenix.
- Resource for Indian Education Market
- Teaching Young Girls, Spiting the Taliban
- How to Become a Tutor In Hong Kong
- Outside Operators Eye 250 L.A. Unified School Dist...
- Fewer Limits on VCs, Now is the Time for Expansion...
- Hachette Chief Aghast at Google - Amazon eBook Dea...
- Friday Diversion
- Around the World in 30 Days
- Sony E-Reader to Launch in December
- Hottest New EDUpunk Company?
- The Road Trip for Education -- EIIF Hits the Road
- Africa Becomes Fastest Growing Continent
- Teacher Voices Frustration Over Hiring Freeze
- Flying Around America, Looking for a For-Profit Ed...
- On the Web
- Tabula Digita and The Rise of Edutainment
- Oh, Ye of Little Faith
- ▼ August (18)