John Katzman, CEO, 2Tor
New Speaker for Education Industry Investment Forum
EIIF is proud to announce that
John Katzman, the iconic founder of Princeton Review and the entrepreneurial energy behind the new 2Tor.com, will be speaking at the forum in March.
We ask him five questions about the industry:
EIIF: What act of strategic investment in the education industry by any player in the past five years do you admire the most, and what was its outcome?
John Katzman: Denver Public Schools investment in teacher comp reform. So far, so good—most teachers like it, and performance is up; I think this will prove a useful way-station.
EIIF: What industry genre will have the most influence in the future of education over the next five years?
JK: For-profit and hybrid colleges.
EIIF: If you could name any industry within education that requires the most change, what industry is it and what changes do you think it needs?
JK: Student finance. More transparency and simplicity.
EIIF: What inspirational idea outside of education has had a dominant effect on how you do business?
JK: Apple, which proves that product matters.
EIIF: For an education company or for profit school that is looking to grow, what is the one thing they need to be prepared to do before meeting investors or before launching their product or service into the marketplace?
JK: Explain how they will achieve both financial and educational excellence.
- ► 2009 (150)
- EIIF Welcomes Gene Hickok to the March 2009 Forum
- The Financial State of the Union
- Wachovia Did Not Fail, But Citigroup Takes Them Wh...
- Wachovia to Merge with Citigroup?
- Friday's Panelists
- Today's New Panelists
- China Banks Told to Stop Lending to American Banks...
- EIIF Announces New Speakers for 2009
- FuturEd Symposium, Year 2 Application Online
- Michael Milken Offers $186M for Nobel Learning
- Unigo founder Jordan Goldman
- Five Questions with John Katzman
- Digital Media and Learning Competition
- Plurk and Brightkite
- The American Economy: How Bad Is It?
- CGI Boosts Teacher Procurement Process in Canada
- Princeton Review Founder to Challenge U of Phoenix...
- "Philanthropy is the Gateway to Power!"
- The Weekly Education Industry Investment Forum Pol...
- Entrepreneurs in Education
- Five Answers: Sandy Fivecoat
- Georgia Schools Chief Wins $1 million
- Former New York City Schools Chancellor Quits Miam...
- Edutopia Reveals Ten Wave of Future Concepts in Ed...
- Privatization Threat or Opportunity in the UK?
- Three Things an Entrepreneur Needs to Thrive in a ...
- Capella University Sees Revenue and Student Enroll...
- Fund Innovation and Improve the Nation
- Apollo Group Stockholder Suit Dismissed
- Open Source Textbooks Challenge Inelastic Demand
- Student Loans Hard to Come By in Arizona
- ▼ September (31)