Two new web and mobile applications that will expand your professional and social networking horizons...
Plurktakes the Twitter example and puts it on a graphic time line, but allows your friends and acquaintances to react to your "plurks." The idea is visually stimulating and it is very easy to meet new people using the technology.
If you are familiar with Mini Hovels, which are sponsored at Korean web company CyWorld, then you will get this. You can design your own Plurk page and look great doing it!
Brightkite is an invite only mashup of mobile phone images, GPS location beacons and Google maps, among many other things. The application will keep track of where you are, show you on a map, and even offer a 360 Google Street View of where you are.
You can also do what you do on Twitter, typing in updates as they happen.
- ► 2009 (150)
- EIIF Welcomes Gene Hickok to the March 2009 Forum
- The Financial State of the Union
- Wachovia Did Not Fail, But Citigroup Takes Them Wh...
- Wachovia to Merge with Citigroup?
- Friday's Panelists
- Today's New Panelists
- China Banks Told to Stop Lending to American Banks...
- EIIF Announces New Speakers for 2009
- FuturEd Symposium, Year 2 Application Online
- Michael Milken Offers $186M for Nobel Learning
- Unigo founder Jordan Goldman
- Five Questions with John Katzman
- Digital Media and Learning Competition
- Plurk and Brightkite
- The American Economy: How Bad Is It?
- CGI Boosts Teacher Procurement Process in Canada
- Princeton Review Founder to Challenge U of Phoenix...
- "Philanthropy is the Gateway to Power!"
- The Weekly Education Industry Investment Forum Pol...
- Entrepreneurs in Education
- Five Answers: Sandy Fivecoat
- Georgia Schools Chief Wins $1 million
- Former New York City Schools Chancellor Quits Miam...
- Edutopia Reveals Ten Wave of Future Concepts in Ed...
- Privatization Threat or Opportunity in the UK?
- Three Things an Entrepreneur Needs to Thrive in a ...
- Capella University Sees Revenue and Student Enroll...
- Fund Innovation and Improve the Nation
- Apollo Group Stockholder Suit Dismissed
- Open Source Textbooks Challenge Inelastic Demand
- Student Loans Hard to Come By in Arizona
- ▼ September (31)